An Honest Hug

I was eating my cereal when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I yelled, hoping I wouldn't have to put a shirt on.  Hannah poked her head in, then jumped into the apartment with a huge smile.  "Andrew! Hey!"

"You're back!  Let me put on a shirt real quick."

She rolled her eyes.  "You don't need one."  She was right.  Hannah is like a sister to me.  After we hugged, she didn't stop talking for an hour, and I didn't even mind.  It was amazing to see the joy and wonder of someone who just got out of the Midwest for the first time in her life.  And what an escape.  Zambia!  As she described the food, the hospitality, and all the other experiences of the trip– people who had never tasted brownies!–  I was more than content to sit and listen.

Now I want to travel, and maybe further than Kansas.















My honorary sisters Rela and Hannah.