Five A.M.

'Twas the night before Ideafest, when all through the lab,
Media majors suffered, even freshmen who gab;
The Avids were humming and heating the place,
and I hoped that no files would be erased;
Other children were nestled all snug in their beds,
As I faced audio problems with dread;
and Kelly buzzed on sugar and I looking for credit,
Had just settled in for a long night's edit...
Yeah, I really did write that at about 5:00 this morning.  I've commented in previous posts about sleep deprivation and how it isn't good for you, but I think this poem actually proves that being tired can improve one's artistic ability.  In fact, no fewer than ten people clicked the "like" button when I posted it on facebook (which, by the way, was definitely not a blatantly attention-seeking thing to do during an all-nighter).

I did do something original, too.  I made this.












Prints available by request...